Monday, January 12, 2009

Spring Trend 2009: Ruffles

Spring Trend 2009: Ruffles

When I was a girl, I absolutely HATED ruffles. Wearing them reminded me of being juvenile and I was trying with all of my might to be "big" girl. However in Spring 2009, it looks like I'll be taking a walk down memory lane. Ruffles are definitely making a large statement this season. We'll see them overstated, tiered, slated, and abstract in nature. You can pair with mini skirts, skinny jeans or your favorite pair of shorts. Just remember to keep the balance proportioned (i.e. full silhouette on top, slim/trim silhouette on bottom) or you run the risk of looking like a flower in bloom. Click here to explore any of the items you see above.

4 comments:

Margaux said...

Ohhh I love ruffles.
Both those black dresses are super cute.
I think I might've used the one on the top in one of my polyvore sets.

jennab said...

Ruffles! If you say ruffles, I'll trust you! Sounds pretty and fresh. It will all come down to fabrics - I like this look when done in a more vintage way, and I mean Victorian vintage, not 80's vintage! ; ) Thanks for the ruffles heads up TK!

Mummerina said...

I've always loved ruffles!!!

Loc'D Beauty said...

hmm... Im iffy especially since Im busty... but then again I didn't forsee skinny jeans sticking around the way they have... ;)